Thursday, August 09, 2007

Peanut Butter And Banana Reese's Cups


I haven't done a candy review in a while but this product rather inspired me. Last weekend some friends and I went to Hershey Park in Hershey, Pa. I may have to write separately about the infamous "Chocolate World" ride and its Duff-World-on-Acid freakout weirdness, but after that ride I ran around the Chocoloate World gift shop like a kid in some kind of store. (Sorry I can't help the Simpson references.)

The gift shop was surprisingly disappointing. I'm not quite sure what I was expecting -- maybe Willy Wonka's Chocolate factory -- but it ended up being more like the candy isle of a grocery store. They had pretty much every Hershey's product you could ever ask for. And we all know how hard it is to find Hershey's products.

In any case they were selling the new Limited Edition Reese's Peanut Butter & Banana Creme candy and for $.55 I decided it was worth trying.

As you can see from the picture the product got a little melted on the way home.

The banana flavor was actually not bad and the combo was surprising at first, but later pretty tasty. I put the other cup in the freezer for an hour and it was even better semi-solid. In a way I think they almost didn't have enough banana creme in it.

Unlike Hershey's Chocolate Gum this is something I would definately buy again. For another take here is Brian from Candy Addict. Cybele at Candy Blog also has some beautiful photos along with her review. Apparently these cups have only been on sale for a month now.

No comments: